Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Using reference material, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- View Offline
Before you begin drawing out your design ideas there is one last thing you need…to do before you put pen to paper, and that's collecting any reference material…that will help you draw what you need to draw.…In the last movie, I showed you the lion design I created for my client.…Before I started drawing out that design I found some good reference photos…of lions I could look at that help me figure out how to make my lion design look like a lion.…This is even more important if you're not proficient at drawing, you'll need…more help to refine your drawn design and having reference material will assist…you and working out details in discerning shapes as you draw them.…
Even great drawers use reference material, because reference material …improves a creative process.…I'd consider the artists at Disney some of the best in the world, but even they…use reference material.…If you ever get a chance, I encourage you to watch the bonus content that comes…with the Lion King film, you'll see their artists at the zoo sketching and…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations