Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using preview modes, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
One of the unfortunate things about computer-based design is that we as…designers have become accustomed to what I call the WYSIWYG complex.…By this I mean that we're used to whatever we see on our screens reflecting…exactly what comes out of our printer or shows up on other people's screens.…Unfortunately, this isn't always the case, and we need a way to preview our work…in an accurate manner.…In Illustrator, we use something called Preview modes to accomplish this, let's…take a look at some of those modes now.…So I have this file open here, and one of the things that I might want to look at…is the overall structure of the document,…because I might have some effects applied to things or I might have some warps or…meshes going on inside of my document and I really just need to see the…underlying structure of the document itself.…
In order to do that I can jump into something called Outline Mode, which is…basically just going to show me all of the different shapes that are available…to me inside of my design.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.