Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using isolation mode, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
When you're dealing with artwork that's been grouped together, you may find the…need to go in and edit individual components of a group.…If that's the case, you're going to have to utilize something called isolation…mode in order to get in and work with those individual pieces of artwork.…In this movie, I'll explore isolation mode and how it can help you get control…of those individual components.…The first thing I'm going to do is zoom in on a piece of artwork.…So I'll grab the Zoom tool and go right here on this little icon.…I'll grab my Selection tool and click on it.…
As you can see, all of these different objects are grouped together.…As a matter of fact, I can go up to the Object menu and I could ungroup them if…I wanted to, but I want them to remain one single object.…However, I need to get in and change just a few things.…For instance, I might want to change the brush tip or maybe some of the paint…splatters that are out here. But how I do that?…They're all grouped together.…Well you can utilize isolation mode to get in and work with these individual pieces.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.