Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Illustrator CS6 New Features.
If you're a lynda.com Premium Subscriber or if you're watching this course on a DVD, you'll have access to the exercise files that I use throughout the course. Once you download the files, you'll get a folder like the one you see on my desktop, and inside, each chapter is clearly marked with the exercise files inside. If you're not a Premium Subscriber, you can still follow along with your own files with no problem. In any case, once you have your files ready to go, you're ready to begin the course. So let's go!
This course was updated on 10/04/2012.
- Adjusting the interface brightness
- Understanding updates to panels and preferences
- Creating a repeatable pattern
- Performing a basic trace
- Converting pixels to paths
- Understanding what 64-bit support means for you
- Introducing startup profiles
- Understanding the Save for Web changes
- Enhancing artwork with gradients on strokes
- Working with the improved Gaussian Blur
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/04/12. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter to address the new features that come with Illustrator when you have an Adobe Creative Cloud membership. These include features like the ability to quickly unembed images and one-click file packaging.