Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Using exercise files, part of Drawing Vector Graphics: Iconography.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop. They're provided so you can explore and deconstruct the artwork showcased in this course and glean additional information and insight to help you improve your own workflow. So take your time. Study how the files are set up, how the artwork is constructed, and what settings were used. This type of free-range exploration will provide a greater understanding of the methodology I covered.
All the exercise files are provided in both CC 2017 and CX6 format with exception of the Export Icon Movies. Since that feature is only available in CC 2017. I encourage you to take the icon design challenge and put your new found knowledge to the test as well. If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's okay. I encourage you to follow along and experiment on your own using the same methods I showcase as I go through the course.
- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts