Join John Garrett for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Adobe Illustrator: Variable Data.
- [Voiceover] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop as I've done here. The files are organized by chapter and section. Inside, you'll find illustrator files, your supporting master graphics, and Excel spreadsheets. The files are at different stages of completion to approximate what you can expect at each point in the course. If you're viewing this course on a mobile device, a set-top device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise feels, that's okay. You can still follow along by watching how I use the files.
Designer John Garrett appreciates the many different types of variables and their practical uses, including generating business cards and direct mailers. In this course, he explains how to use variable data including managing linked images, graphics, tables of data, and graphs. He covers the entire workflow, from setup to exporting dynamic batches.
- Setting up Illustrator files
- Using Appearances
- Setting up data sources
- Importing data
- Managing linked variables
- Binding and using prepend paths and presets
- Using the Variables panel
- Naming data sets
- Generating multiple versions with batch exporting
Skill Level Advanced
1. Exploring Variable Data
2. Setting up Illustrator Files
3. Setting up a CSV Document
4. Importing using Variable Importer Script
5. Working with the Variables Panel
6. Exporting and Reviewing
Creating a save action3m 25s
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.