Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Designing a Logo for a Media Company.
If you're a premium subscriber to lynda.com, you'll have access to the Exercise Files used in this course. The files are all in the Exercise Files folder, which you can download to your Desktop. If you don't have access to these files, you can still follow along with files of your own. Because of the nature of this course, I'm experimenting with a variety of fonts, many of which do not come as standard with the Adobe Creative Suite and which I'm not at liberty to distribute.
To get around the problem of missing fonts in the Exercise Files, I have converted all type to outlines, the type will in all cases look the same, but it won't be editable as type.
- Understanding what makes a good logo
- Assessing the scope of the job and your client's needs
- Developing ideas in Illustrator
- Presenting concepts to clients
- Creating print- and screen-ready logos