Join Claudia McCue for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Print Production: Embossing, Foil Stamping, and Die Cutting.
If you're a premium member of lynda.com library, you have access to the exercise files used in this course. You can download this files from the Exercise Files tab on the main page for this course. For the movies in this course that have exercise files, you can load up the files and then you can follow along with the same project that I'm working on. If you don't have access to the exercise files, of course you can use your own files. Okay, let's get started.
- Understanding how dies are created: hand-engraved, machined, or photo-engraved
- Preparing files for die-cutting
- Choosing appropriate stock
- Creating artwork for single- or multi-level embossing
- Checking proofs
- Examining a cutting die
- Handling a complex bleed
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Embossing Basics
2. Manufacturing Considerations
3. Preparing Artwork for Embossing
4. Foil Stamping
5. Die Cutting Basics
6. Designing Die Cutting in Illustrator
Handling a complex bleed6m 57s
7. Designing Die Cutting in InDesign
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.