Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Designing a Magazine Cover.
- View Offline
If you're a Premium Member of the lynda.com online training library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. Exercise files are in the Exercise Files folder. If you're using a version of InDesign earlier than CS6, then use the files in the CS4 to CS5.5 folder. If you're a monthly or annual subscriber to lynda.com, you do not have access to the exercise files, but you can still follow along using files of your own.
- The history of magazine covers
- Choosing a cover image
- Making color and tonal adjustments to the image
- Placing and positioning the masthead
- Positioning, scaling, and cropping the cover image
- Creating a color palette
- Adding cover text
- Creating a peeling sticker effect
- Preparing for print