Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Designing a Magazine Cover.
If you're a Premium Member of the lynda.com online training library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. Exercise files are in the Exercise Files folder. If you're using a version of InDesign earlier than CS6, then use the files in the CS4 to CS5.5 folder. If you're a monthly or annual subscriber to lynda.com, you do not have access to the exercise files, but you can still follow along using files of your own.
- The history of magazine covers
- Choosing a cover image
- Making color and tonal adjustments to the image
- Placing and positioning the masthead
- Positioning, scaling, and cropping the cover image
- Creating a color palette
- Adding cover text
- Creating a peeling sticker effect
- Preparing for print
Skill Level Intermediate
1. An Overview of Magazine Cover Design
2. Planning the Cover
3. Creating the Cover in InDesign
4. Preparing for Print
5. Alternative Workflows: Photoshop
6. Alternative Workflows: Illustrator
Goodbye and next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.