Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Using custom scripts, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Another way to customize your user experience…with Illustrator is to use custom scripts…in order to make the app do…what it natively can't do out of the box.…A simple Google search will bring up…thousands of custom scripts people have created…and provided online.…Once you have a script,…you can add it to Illustrator and start using it.…Here's how you add a custom script to Illustrator.…I love to be able to customize my creative workflow…and one way I do that is by creating…my own custom scripts to make Illustrator…behave the way I want it to:…to do things that it can't do out of the box.…
So I want to share with you two scripts…that I use on every project I work on…that allows me to save out my layers…in Illustrator as either PDF files…or source AI files.…So I'm going to show you those right now.…If you go to "Exercise Files" for this course,…you can find them under the appropriate chapter,…in this case Chapter 4,…and these are the scripts that I'm providing…within the exercise files.…Now I'm actually giving you access to four scripts…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 49m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 5s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.