Learn how to create multi-page documents from Artboards.
- [Instructor] Many people use art boards…as pages and build complete…documents in Illustrator.…Personally, I think that in many cases,…a program like InDesign is better suited to…document production,…but you might have a solid reason for…doing the whole thing in one application.…And that's fine too, because there are some…advantages in certain circumstances.…You're not restricted to a single size of…art board in an illustrated document,…and I think that's where Illustrator…comes out on top,…is really using the term 'pages'…in the wider sense.…
For example, what we're looking…at here is a poster.…But in the same document I've also got…some slides from a presentation.…In addition to that I've also got…a stationary set, and finally,…inside of the same file I've also got…a promotional postcard, front and back.…Now this example does cross both…prints in digital which might not be…the best approach.…I think they're better separated out,…if for no reason other than color,…but it is just an example of a concept.…
If you're working with art boards in this way,…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.