Use the Touch-Type tool with OpenType variable fonts.
- [Narrator] In this movie, let's explore…using a variable font with…another illustrator tool.…In this particular case,…the Touch Type tool.…Now this was introduced a couple of years back…in Illustrator, and it allows you to change…certain character level properties…within your type.…What I'm going to do, I've got this type selected here,…is I'm going to hold down the shift key…and tap "T" to access the Type Tool.…It's important you're not actually focused on the type.…
It's not active, because otherwise you'll just…end up with a capitol T.…But you can see it was selected there, but not active.…And then I'm going to click on the "V" character here…and using this control in the top right,…I'm just going to drag upwards which proportionally…scales that up. And then I'm just going to use…my arrow key here just to nudge that down a bit…to move the base line effectively…below that of the others.…And then I will click the "A" character here…and using my left arrow, I'm just going to take…care of the kerning between those two characters…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.