Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Symbol Sprayer tool, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
When you are working with symbols, you have the ability to create some really…interesting designs by utilizing some of the Symbol tools that are available to…you in the Tools panel.…The main tool is called the Symbol Sprayer tool, and that's what we are going to…be focusing on in this movie.…I am going to create a new blank document by hitting Command+N or Control+N on my…keyboard, and then I will just accept the defaults by hitting OK.…I'm then going to come over and grab the Symbol Sprayer tool, which is…located right here.…If you click and hold on the Symbol Sprayer, you'll notice that you get several…other tools in here as well, that are related to symbols:…the Symbol Shifter, which allows for the symbol to be rearranged inside of a Symbol…group; the Symbol Scruncher, which scrunches symbols together;…the Symbol Sizer, which allows you to resize symbols on the fly;…The Symbol Spinner, which allows you to rotate symbols;…the Symbol Stainer, which allows you to stain symbols with a certain hue or color;…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.