Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Scissors tool and the Knife tool, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
In addition to joining paths together inside of Illustrator, you may find the…need to actually split paths apart as well.…In this movie, I'll walk you through exactly how to do that utilizing two…tools, one of which works exactly as advertised, and the other which is a little different.…So let's first start off by zooming in on a piece of our artwork, and then…come right here on the top of this leaf and I'm going to grab something called the Scissors tool.…The Scissors tool is a tool that allows you to split paths based upon anchor…points that you select.…
I'm also going to be utilizing something called the Knife tool, but we'll get to…that in just a second.…If you want these tools out on screen where you can easily switch between them,…come over to the toolbar and click and hold on the scissors and then grab this…little arrow right here.…That will give you your own free floating panel to use.…Now before I get to use this I need to select artwork.…In order to temporarily get a hold of this leaf, I'm going to simply hold down…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.