Learn how to use the Rotate tool.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…we're going to cover how to use the rotate tool.…You'll notice I already have the rulers…and the guides turned, but don't worry,…we're going to cover this in a future video.…The rotate tool's located in the toolbar,…and it's this little circle with an arrow.…It's called the rotate tool, and it's got an easy to…remember shortcut key because it's the letter R.…The way to use is, is select…the object that you'd like to rotate,…double-click on the rotate tool,…and type in the angle that you'd like to rotate it by.…I'm going to go with 30 degrees.…
And then I can click okay.…And you'll notice that my object rotated 30 degrees.…Most of the time when we rotate something,…we want to make a copy, we don't just want to move the item.…And in order to make a copy, it's the same process.…We double-click on the rotate tool,…type in an angle, and instead of clicking okay,…we're going to click copy.…I can do it again.…Double-click, 30 degrees, copy.…But there's an even faster way.…There's a shortcut key for duplicating.…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.