Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Rotate tool and duplicating objects, part of Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this video I'm going to cover how to use the Rotate tool.…Let's start by drawing an ellipse on the page so we have something to rotate.…The Rotate tool is located in the toolbar on the left side of your screen,…it looks like an arrow kind of going in a circle and the shortcut key for…the Rotate tool is R.…The way we're going use it is double-click on it and that opens a Rotate Options window.…We can type in an Angle I've typed in 30 degrees and click OK and it will rotate…your object 30 degrees.…Most of the time when we use the Rotate tool we're going to want to copy the…object rather than merely rotate it.…
So to do that we're going to double-click again on the Rotate tool, type in our…angle of 30 degrees and this time click copy instead of rotate and it's going to make a…rotated copy of our ellipse.…If you'd like to duplicate that, rather than going back to the Rotate tool,…double-clicking and clicking Copy again, we can just use a shortcut key, which is Duplicate.…The shortcut is Ctrl+D or Cmd+D and you can hit it as many times as you like…
- What is a flat?
- Scaling, rotating, and duplicating shapes
- Simplifying and mastering the Pen tool to get you up and running quickly
- Drawing shirts with sleeves, collars, and placket details
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Using custom brushes to add stitching and trim quickly
- Creating and using symbols for buttons, zipper pulls, and drawstrings
- Drawing and rendering croquis with faces and hair
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Overview of Basic Illustrator Tools
2. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
3. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
4. Drawing Skirts
5. Drawing a Blazer
6. Creating Custom Brushes
7. Creating Custom Symbols
8. Drawing Pants
9. Drawing Croquis
10. Presenting and Sharing Your Flats
Saving for print and email1m 53s
Using the Instructor Guide
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.