Learn how to use the Reflect and Join commands to draw a heart.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're going to…talk about how to use the Reflect tool.…First thing I'd like to do is turn on the rulers.…I had them turned on in the previous movie…and I want to show you how to do it now.…There are two ways.…One is to go up to View, go down to Rulers…and click on Show Rulers and you'll notice the shortcut…here is command or CTRL + r, so command + r also turns…them back off and command + r will turn them back on.…CTRL, if you are on a Windows computer.…I'd like to drag out a guideline for what I'm going to do…and to drag out a guide, you're going to click…in the Toolbar here on the left; hold your mouse…and drag a guide out onto your page.…
I'm just visually placing it in the center.…I'm not worrying about an exact placement right now.…I'm also going to grab one from the top…and drag it down the same way, so now…I've got a little cross guide here…and the last thing when you're setting guides;…it's very important that you lock them,…so the don't move around and you don't…accidentally select them when you're…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.