Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Path Eraser tool, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When I was drawing some of the paths here with my Pencil tool, I made some of…the paths here way too long and I want to be able to chop those things down.…Now, of course, we know that we could use things like the Shape Builder tool later on.…We don't need to lay down perfect paths right now.…However, sometimes when you are sketching, you really want to make sure that…things look at least a little bit closer to what your intentional design is.…So I am going to zoom in on this part over here of Mister…Zee where I kind of went a little bit too far with this path.…So I am going to start by selecting the path itself and rather than deal with…things like the Scissors tool to cut it, what I could do is I can use the same…metaphor as the Pencil tool.…
You notice that in the same location of the Pencil tool, in addition to this…Move tool, I also have something called the Path Eraser tool.…This is different than another tool here called the Eraser tool.…This we are going to deal with a little bit later inside of the chapter, but for…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland14h 53m Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.