Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Magic Wand tool, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Up until now we've been using very precise methods of selection, wherein we…clicked on something and it became selected.…However, there may come a time when you need to select objects that are similar…to one another, or you're working on a complex piece of artwork and you need to…select multiple objects at a time.…Performing a task like this with tools like the Direct or Group Selection tools…could prove to be quite tedious, because you have to point and click and…point and click, and you have to hold down the Shift key or other modifier keys…to make your selection more accurate.…Enter the Magic Wand tool.…
The Magic Wand tool allows you to make selections of multiple items simply by…clicking on one of them and then finding other items with similar attributes and…making them part of the selection automatically.…Let's take a look at exactly what I mean.…First off, I'm going to show you just how tedious the direct selection method can be.…If I come up and grab the Direct Selection tool, let's say that I wanted to…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.