Learn how the Layers panel works.
- [Instructor] In this movie we're going to talk about…how to use the layers panel.…The layers panel is one of the panels…living here along the panel dock.…And I pointed this out in an earlier movie.…There are different panels that have different things.…In the color movie we talked about how to add a color.…This time we're going to talk about the layers panel,…which is this icon down here on the bottom.…And all these panels can actually be…separated from the dock,…just by clicking on the tab with the name…and dragging them around.…And then we can close out the other one…so we can focus on the panel that we want to work with.…
If you accidentally close out a panel…by clicking on the X and the icon…is no longer visible here in the panel dock,…it's very easy to get it back.…All you need to do is click on the window dropdown…and you will find all the panels listed here…in this list.…And by the way, it's in alphabetical order,…something I didn't notice initially.…So, we're going to go to the layers panel…and we're going to open this back up…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.