Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Layers panel menu, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie, we're going to be exploring one of the most important features…of the Layers panel,…although it's also one of the most hidden features of layers panel as well. It's…called the Layers panel menu, and as is the case for any panel inside of…Illustrator, it's tucked way up in the top right corner of the panel.…So if I get the Layers panel out on my screen -- and you can do so by either dragging…it out from the panels on the right, or going to the Window menu, and finding…Layers, or by hitting F7 on your keyboard.…Once you've got the layers panel out there, you can go up to this little button right here.…
Even though this little button is tiny, it contains a lot of information. When I…expand it out, you're going to see that you have the ability to do all kinds of…stuff in here: create a New Layer, create a New Sub-layer, Duplicate your…Selection, Delete a Selection, options for your current selection, make, or…release clipping masks. Here are two of my favorites: Enter, and Exit Isolation…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.