Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Lasso tool, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
The Lasso tool is yet another Selection tool that works much the same way as the…Direct Selection tool in Illustrator.…It can be used to select either single objects within groups or single anchor…point on a shape as well.…The difference is that you'll be using a marquee method of selection when…you're using this tool.…It also differs in the fact that the Lasso tool is what we call a pure selection tool.…There are no modifying capabilities like what you have with the Arrow tools.…For instance, when you make a selection with one of the Arrow tools, you simply…click on the object, it become selected, and then you can move the object…around, edit the anchor points in the case of the Direct Selection tool, and…all that kind of stuff.…
With the Lasso tool, you simply make a selection and that's it.…There's no modifying anchor points, there's no moving the object, it's simply selected.…Let's take a look.…In order to locate the Lasso tool, come over to your Tools panel and find…this object right here.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.