Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Isolate Blending setting, part of Illustrator: Seeing Through Transparency.
In this movie we're going to focus on the bottom part here of the Transparency…panel, specifically the Isolate Blending setting.…Of the three options here that exist at the bottom of the Transparency panel, …the Isolate Blending is the least technical and it probably is also the most useful.…So let's learn exactly what it does and maybe also provide an example for when…you might want to use it.…Now let's take a look at this piece of artwork over here.…It's a nice flowerpot.…We've got some flowers and some leaves flying around here.…This file is called flowerpot2.ai, and I want to actually now go ahead and…create now an additional kind of motif using some of these leaves that I might…be able to use throughout my design.…
Now, this is all one group right now, if I click on it to select it.…So I'm going to use my regular Selection tool to double-click on the group to isolate it.…So now I'm inside the group and I'm going to select just let's say this leaf…right over here and I'm going to copy it to my clipboard and now I'm just going…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Coloring Artwork (2011)with Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator: Rethinking the Essentialswith Mordy Golding5h 7m Intermediate
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.