Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Illustrator files in Photoshop and InDesign, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
One of the great things about the Creative Suite is the fact that all of the…apps integrate together, and Adobe Illustrator is no different.…You can take the artwork that you create inside of Adobe Illustrator, and…interact with it in various other applications in the Creative Suite as well.…In this movie, I'll explore two examples of that, and how you can utilize the…artwork you create in those applications.…The first one is going to be Photoshop.…So I'm going to jump over into Photoshop for just a minute, and inside of…Photoshop, I'm going to create a new document.…I'm going to go to File > New, and I'm just going to pick one of the Web sizes that we have.…
So I'm going to choose Web from the Preset menu, and 800 by 600 is okay.…I'll hit OK, and I get a new document.…Let's say, for instance, that I'm building a small application mockup, and I need…the logo for the Roux Academy.…Well, I can go over into Illustrator, and I can actually select this logo, and then…drop it directly into Photoshop.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting <a href="../../../discover/graphic-design">graphic design on lynda.com</a>.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.