Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Flattener Preview panel, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Seeing Through Transparency.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now admittedly throughout this entire chapter, we've dealt with some…pretty technical subjects.…I mean, we are talking about different types of rasterization based on different…settings and stacking order.…So, how do we sum all this up?…How do we actually take a look at out artwork and sleep at night knowing that…it's going to print correctly when I send this off to a printer?…The answer is that Illustrator possesses a tool that allows you to preview how…your artwork is actually going to be processed in the flattening process without…having to actually perform the flattening itself.…
This is something called the Flattener Preview and you can find it by going up…to your Window menu and choosing to open up the Flattener Preview panel.…Now, this is the way that it works.…So, I am actually going to go ahead and increase the preview size just a little…bit here and I am going to click on the Refresh button.…That's going to load my artwork for this page now into this window and then I…can choose from this pop-up list here to show me different settings of how that…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.