Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Eraser tool, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In Illustrator CS4 Adobe added not only the Blob Brush tool, but also the Eraser tool.…Now this is different than the Path Eraser tool which focuses on just deleting…paths inside of your document.…The Eraser tool is really meant to be used more as a visual aspect, meaning it…erases things that you see on your screen.…It's more of the appearance side of things rather than the structure side of them.…That's why it happens to be a perfect match for the Blob Brush tool.…Let's take a look for example at the Eraser tool itself.…
I am actually going to double-click on it and you'll see that the settings…look almost identical to what we saw inside of the Calligraphic Brush and also…the Blob Brush tool.…I can actually specify a Diameter, have it based on Pressure, and give it a Variation.…So for example, let's right now leave it set as a default setting of 10 points…and let's have it based on Pressure and set a Variation of 10 points as well.…This way we are going to get a lot of thick and thins.…If I hit the Tab key, I will see the difference here that I can get and I click OK.…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland14h 53m Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.