Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Direct Selection and Group Selection tools, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Aside from the basic Arrow Selection tool inside of Illustrator, there are two…other tools that are used for point and click selections.…In this movie we will explore these tools and how they can help you get a…grip on your artwork.…The first tool is the Direct Selection tool and it's found right here in the Tool panel.…You can either click on it or simply hit the letter A on your keyboard to…automatically invoke it.…The Direct Selection tool allows you to select and modify paths within a shape.…As you can see, when I select this object with the Direct Selection tool, you…are not going to see the normal bounding box like you would when I selected it…with the Regular Selection tool.…
Instead, it chooses the shape or object that you've clicked on specifically and…also highlights the anchor points around it.…If I zoom in on this piece of artwork right here you will see exactly what I mean.…When I switched to the Direct Selection tool, you will notice I see only the…anchor points and the path itself, no bounding box at all.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.