Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Color Guide panel, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
As designers, we all have hit that one creative wall where we just couldn't…figure out exactly what we wanted to do, especially when it comes to…creating our own colors.…In this movie, I'll be walking you through how to utilize Illustrator's Color…Guide panel to hopefully alleviate some of those creative headaches.…As you can see here I've got some artwork on my artboard, and I've only got one…petal of this flower colored because that's the color I know I have to use.…But the other colors, I don't exactly know what they need to be.…Maybe the client hasn't told me or maybe I'm just experimenting to create even…more creative artwork.…
So in this case I'm going to utilize the Color Guide panel to sort help me along.…The first thing I am going to do is going to find Color Guide panel.…It's right over here on the right, and I will just click and drag it out.…The Color Guide panel basically allows you to create color harmonies based upon…the active color that you have selected.…Once you have that artwork selected you can then base the colors that the…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.