Learn how to install and use the ArcGIS plug-in.
- [Instructor] If you need something…a bit more sophisticated…and actually just a little outside of this course,…but I really did feel it worth a mention,…then you could take a look at using…the ArcGIS plugin from Esri.…You're CC membership will get you access to some…of the essential features that Esri has to offer.…All you need to do is to add the plugin from Adobe Exchange,…make sure that the CC desktop app is running…and that File Sync is turned on,…then restart Illustrator…and you'll find it installed in the Extensions menu…that you'll find under the Window menu.…
You'll need to create an account from inside the plugin,…but that really does just take a minute or two…and one email and you're ready to use it.…You can get a range of different maps and aerial imagery…that you can use as reference,…as well as editable maps that you can use…directly in Illustrator.…These are easily identifiable in the base map options…that you'll see in the plugin,…as you can see the plugin icon on top of them.…The maps are layered and there's a lot of detail in them,…
- Understanding where your map will be used
- Finding reference material
- Using symbols and masks
- Drawing roads, rivers, buildings, and other landmarks
- Adding type
- Enhancing your map
- Adding interactivity and animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Creating a Map with Illustratorwith William Everhart2h 48m Intermediate
Draw Better and Faster with Illustrator CCwith Deke McClelland1h 52m Appropriate for all
1. Designing a Simplified Map
2. Basic Skills
3. Creating a Simplified Map
4. Enhancing Your Map
5. Interactive Maps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.