Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Upping your game with a commercial font, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- In this movie, I'll show you how I styled…my preferred type treatment, using the commercial,…cross-platform font, Ocean Sans Extended,…which is available from Adobe.…And even if you don't have access to this font,…I hope you'll find this and the following movie…to serve as an insightful glimpse into the many ways…you might set and customize the text…associated with your own logo designs.…So, just for the sake of reference,…here is the final version of the logo,…with the highly-customized text once again…based on Ocean Sans Extended.…
And here's a sheet of the various styles…associated with this font, and just to refresh…your memory, we're gonna be working with…these two styles, Book Extended, right there,…as well as Semibold Extended.…Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and switch over…to my starter document, in which I've already…entered the text in advance, and now…I'll click on the text, using my black arrow tool…to select it, and I'll bring up the Character Panel…by pressing Ctrl+T, here on a PC,…or Cmd+T, on a Mac, and I'll go ahead…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 36m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.