Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Until next time, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- So that was pretty fun right?…At least I had fun making it.…Creating quality artwork is always such a pleasure.…I hope you learned a thing or two…about the logo creation process.…I also hope I brought you some new information about things…like custom guides, spot colors and the pixel grid.…Not to mention the larger worlds of Illustrator…and Photoshop in general.…If this has wet your appetite for still more information…about designing logos, try out William Lidwell's…short and sweet The Science of Logo Design.…The lynda.com library also features logo courses…from the likes of Nigel French, Von Glitschka,…and Bill Gardner, all of whom have…their own unique approaches.…
If you'd like to see how I express…the final photographic version…of the frontiers unlimited logo using…only spot colors inside Photoshop,…then check out my weekly course Deke's Techniques…specifically movies 411 through 414…which are slated to release in May of 2015.…And they take up right where this course leaves off.…And if you'd like to get more familiar…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 36m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.