Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Unembedding images, part of Illustrator CS6 New Features.
In the latest update to the Adobe Creative Cloud for Illustrator CS6, you now have access to …some new features inside of Illustrator CS6. …Now, this is exclusively for Creative Cloud members, which means if you're not subscribed …to the Creative Cloud, you'll not actually see these updates in your version of Illustrator. …In order to access the Creative Cloud Updates, you'll just simply need to go to the Help …menu and choose Updates, and once you get to the Update screen, it should give you the …option to install your Illustrator Cloud updates. …The first new feature revolves around embedded images inside of Adobe Illustrator. So before, …in Adobe Illustrator, you did have the ability to embed images into a file.…
So you would select the image, like so, and you could then embed that image and then send …it off to someone. …The problem is that once that person got that image, they were not able to access the image …itself. It was part of the Illustrator document. …They couldn't then unembed that image and make any alterations to it. …
This course was updated on 10/04/2012.
- Adjusting the interface brightness
- Understanding updates to panels and preferences
- Creating a repeatable pattern
- Performing a basic trace
- Converting pixels to paths
- Understanding what 64-bit support means for you
- Introducing startup profiles
- Understanding the Save for Web changes
- Enhancing artwork with gradients on strokes
- Working with the improved Gaussian Blur