Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding web safe fonts, part of Illustrator for Web Design: Aesthetics.
- Although there are ways to trick a web browser…into displaying rich typographical layouts,…for the most part web browsers are very limited in…the types of typefaces that they can actually display.…In this document that I've included in your…exercise files entitled websafe.pdf…you can open this up and take a look at…the traditional "web safe fonts."…Web safe font means that most of these will display…properly across all browsers, all operating systems.…You get four basic categories of…fonts when you talk about this.…
You get Sans-serif, Serif, Monospace and Cursive.…For the San-serif fonts you'll get things like…Arial, Arial Black, Impact, Lucida Sans,…Tahoma, Trebuchet and Verdana.…For the Serif variety you'll get things like…Georgia and Times New Roman,…a much more condensed set of fonts.…For Monospaced you get one, Courier New.…And for Cursive, also one, and probably one that…you're gonna shy away from, Comic Sans.…
But these are the traditional "web safe fonts"…that we have available to us in the browser.…
- Finding color inspiration
- Applying color
- Choosing the right typeface
- Using character and paragraph styles
- Optimizing graphics in Photoshop
- Placing photos and vector artwork in Illustrator
- Creating buttons and other UI elements
- Organizing and sharing your project
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley5h 27m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Web Design: Core Conceptswith Justin Seeley1h 33m Intermediate
1. Working with Color
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Images
4. Creating UI Elements
5. Last Steps
Taking the next step1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.