Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the many faces of the Pen tool, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
In Illustrator, the Pen tool does exist as its own stand-alone tool, but it also…has many other faces that you might encounter as you start working with artwork.…In this movie, we will explore the many faces of the Pen tool, and what they…mean, so that you know what the Pen tool is about to do as you encounter it…inside of Illustrator.…The first thing I have to do, of course, is switch to the Pen tool, and I can do…that with the letter P on my keyboard, or by clicking it.…I'm also going to bring the Pen tools out on screen, so you can see them individually.…In order to do that, you're going to click and hold on the Pen tool, then come…over here to the right, and find this little arrow, and click.…
Once I do that, it brings the Pen tools out on screen, and I now have the…ability to see each one of them without having to go back over to the tools panel each time.…The Pen tool is actually comprised of four different tools: the regular Pen…tool, the Add Anchor Point tool, the Delete Anchor Point tool, and the…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.