Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the concept of complex regions, part of Illustrator: Seeing Through Transparency.
In the previous movie we've seen that Illustrator will at times rasterize…artwork in order to maintain its visual appearance.…However, in the case that we've seen so far, Illustrator was forced to…rasterize artwork because there was simply no other way to accomplish that same…appearance in vector form.…However, there are times when Illustrator may choose to rasterize something for other reasons.…Let's take a look at such an example.…I have a blank document open over here and I am going to go over here to my Symbols panel.…
And I am going to choose to open up one of the Symbol libraries that come with…Illustrator, so I'll come down here to the Library icon and scroll down to…where it says Nature.…And over here there are some trees, like these trees right over here. I am just…going to click on that to add it now to my document and I can close this.…I don't need it right now.…And I want to add a whole bunch of trees.…I want to create some kind of forests, right?…Let's believe for a moment here that we are Bob Ross.…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Coloring Artwork (2011)with Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator: Rethinking the Essentialswith Mordy Golding5h 7m Intermediate
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.