Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding anchor points, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Another one of the building blocks of artwork here inside of Illustrator are the anchor points.…Everything you create inside of Illustrator is made up of paths and anchor points.…We've already talked about exactly what paths are;…you know those are the skeletons that make up the artwork that we are working on.…However, the anchor points are the joints that hold that skeleton together.…If you look at this document that I have open here, you will notice that I…have two squares on the end of this line right in the middle.…If the path is this line going between them, the anchor points are these boxes…at the end which serve as holding places for the ends of that path.…
Without those anchor points, the path has nowhere to start and stop.…As you work throughout Illustrator, you are going to see many different kinds of anchor points.…You are going to run into selected anchor points, non-selected anchor points and…you may even see anchor points with control handles associated with them as well.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.