Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the Control panel, part of Illustrator CS6 New Features.
Another UI enhancement that's been made to Illustrator CS6 is the…reorganized Control panel.…If you're not sure exactly what the Control panel is, it's this panel that runs…across the top of your document window here.…In previous versions of Illustrator, the Control panel was a little all over the…place in terms of how the options were presented to you.…Depending on which tool or what type of object you had selected, the options…always seem to be in a different place.…Now in Illustrator CS6, the Control panel has been reorganized so that the…most used controls appear at the same location depending on what object you…have selected on screen.…
The goal here is to create a consistent user experience that makes it easier for…you to find the tools you need. Let's take a look.…Here on my artboard, I have some art work, and I'm going to select the small…portion of the bear's ear here on the right.…You'll notice when I do that, my Control panel reflects that I have an object selected.…You can see things like Fill and Stroke Controls as well as Opacity and…
This course was updated on 10/04/2012.
- Adjusting the interface brightness
- Understanding updates to panels and preferences
- Creating a repeatable pattern
- Performing a basic trace
- Converting pixels to paths
- Understanding what 64-bit support means for you
- Introducing startup profiles
- Understanding the Save for Web changes
- Enhancing artwork with gradients on strokes
- Working with the improved Gaussian Blur