Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator to map type to a cube to create a simple but effective 3D effect.
- [Instructor] Illustrator has a number of tools … Here are some examples of the … I need to use very condensed or compressed type. … I'm using a typeface called Balboa Extra Condensed. … but if you don't have it, then just use … a very compressed or condensed typeface. … Now because the scaling options within … the 3D map art environment leave something to be desired … we need to do as much of the heavy lifting as possible … before we make our type into a symbol … I actually want to make the stroke color none, … the letters are that much narrower than the other two, … It is possible to keep your type as live type, … And the extrude depth needs to be the same … and then pan my screen over to the left … through the appearance panel. … and we know which one we're dealing with by the red outline. … converted to outlines within a 100 millimeter square, … and it's going to fit that surface exactly. … Ah, the only problem is though, … so I'm going to rotate it like so. … and move to the corner and rotate. …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.