Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Tweaking letterforms to achieve a custom effect, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this movie we're gonna tweak…the path outlines that now make up our type…to achieve a custom effect currently offered…by no font that I know of.…And the idea is to increase the amount of contrast…between the thick vertical stems…and the thin horizontal elements…such as the arms of the T, the crossbar of the E…and the shoulders along the Rs.…And we'll accomplish this using a combination…of the white arrow tool and a few ruler guides.…But first, let's reorganize our group of path outlines…so that the top line of letters is in one group…and the bottom line is in another.…
And I'm gonna do that by twirling open…this Type Treatments layer…here at the top of the Layers panel,…and then notice this item called Group.…You'll see all of the layers…represented as thumbnails in opposite order,…so the F is at the bottom and the D…at the end of the word Unlimited is at the top.…If you want to see the letters in order…then go ahead and click on that bottom F,…and then Shift+Click on that top D…in order to select all the letters…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 37m Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.