Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Transparency across Adobe applications, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Seeing Through Transparency.
Before we get into the heart of this course I want to take a moment to focus…on the idea that transparency is what Adobe calls a core technology.…In other words, it's really less of a feature and more of an imaging model that…is used across Adobe applications.…If you think about it, Adobe has many design applications and where possible Adobe…tries to share technology across these applications.…This makes things not only more efficient for the Adobe engineers, but it…also ensures that the things are consistent for us, the people who actually use the software.…
For example, Adobe uses a shared technology called Ace or the Adobe Color Engine.…This color engine drives the color management feature across Adobe applications…and it makes it possible for us to preview color consistently and in the same…way across the different design applications that we use everyday.…Printing and transparency are also shared technologies at Adobe.…What this means for you is A, whether you print your art from Illustrator,…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.