Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Tracing photographs, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Once you have familiarized yourself with all of the options inside of the Image…Trace panel, it's time to put those skills to use by tracing different objects…inside of Illustrator.…In this movie, I'll walk you through tracing photographs inside of Illustrator,…and give you an insight into my basic workflow when I try to do this.…So I am going to first create a new document, just with Command+N or Control+N on my keyboard.…It doesn't really matter how big the document is in this case, but I am going to…do just a standard 8.5 by 11.…Once I have that document open, I am then going to place a file into it.…
I am going to go up to File > Place, and I am going to select girl_trace inside of…my Chapter 12 images folder.…Once I click Place, she's going to pop into the screen, and I'll zoom out a…little bit, so we can see it, and then I am going to shrink it down, just like…so. Then we'll zoom back in, and I am going to perform a trace.…The thing you have to do right off the bat is you have to determine what type of…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.