Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Tracing a croquis with the Pen tool, part of Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats.
In this video I'm going to show you how to use the Pen tool in a more effective way …so that you can speed up your drawing time.…So far we've been using the Pen tool like we've been playing connect the dots;…click, click, click and then go back to the Convert Anchor Point tool and use it…to convert the corner points into curves.…Now this is a perfectly good way of working but it's a little bit slow.…There is a much faster way we can use the Pen tool.…Let me show you how to do it.…We'll start with the Pen tool and you can click and click to make a straight line.…
If you want to make a curve, you click and drag out the handle while you're…drawing instead of going back and grabbing the Convert Anchor Point tool.…Click and drag to create a curve.…The only thing you need to be aware of is if you want to change direction, you…need to click on the anchor point to release the handle and now we can turn and…go in the other direction.…So let me show you how you use this tracing a croquis.…I'm going to go change my color back to black. I've already gone ahead and sketched out a croquis.…
- What is a flat?
- Scaling, rotating, and duplicating shapes
- Simplifying and mastering the Pen tool to get you up and running quickly
- Drawing shirts with sleeves, collars, and placket details
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Using custom brushes to add stitching and trim quickly
- Creating and using symbols for buttons, zipper pulls, and drawstrings
- Drawing and rendering croquis with faces and hair
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Overview of Basic Illustrator Tools
2. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
3. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
4. Drawing Skirts
5. Drawing a Blazer
6. Creating Custom Brushes
7. Creating Custom Symbols
8. Drawing Pants
9. Drawing Croquis
10. Presenting and Sharing Your Flats
Saving for print and email1m 53s
Using the Instructor Guide
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.