Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Touring the interface, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
An essential part to learning any new piece of software is to get familiar…with the interface.…In this movie, I'll take you through the entire Adobe Illustrator interface, so…that you have a better idea of where to go as I direct you to various places,…throughout this course.…I'll start at the top and I'll work my way down.…So let's go up here to the top and take a look at the menu bar.…This is this area that extends all the way across the top, just like this.…You'll find things like, File, Edit, Object, Type, et cetera.…Anytime throughout the course that I tell you to go to a specific menu, this is…the area I'm talking about.…
So for instance, if I said we need to go to the Object menu, I'm talking about…this area here, and you would simply click the word Object.…Same thing if I told you to go to the Type menu, you would just navigate to the…next menu option called Type.…Each time you click on these, they drop down with a list of options.…Inside of that list of options you'll also find links with little black…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting <a href="../../../discover/graphic-design">graphic design on lynda.com</a>.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.