Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Toggling Smart Guides on and off, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- One thing you're going to see me do…over and over again throughout all the movies…in this course when I'm building is,…I'm going to be using Smart Guides.…Whether I call it out or not as I'm using them,…I may not but most of the time I'm using Smart Guides.…That said, I toggle them on and off…and what are Smart Guides?…Well when you mouse over any vector artwork here…you get feedback and display from illustrators.…So right now it outlines the vector shape highlighting it,…saying this is the vector shape you have highlighted…and when you have the selection tool,…it puts this bounding box onto it…so you can grab it at any point…and you can rotate if you want to…or you can skew it by squashing it, whatever.…
It allows you to grab it, move it and manipulate it…but there is not any feedback…in terms of, how much are you rotating it, you know.…How much was that in terms of degrees?…Well you don't know, you're kind of eyeballing it.…When you mouse over a cursor,…am I exactly over the cursor or am I just close to it.…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 48m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 2s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.