Learn how to create and use character and paragraph styles in Adobe Illustrator.
- [Instructor] When you're making web designs…one of the really helpful features is to work with…the character and paragraph styles inside of Illustrator.…Character and paragraph styles allow you to save…formatting options that you've specified to your text…and then be able to quickly apply it to other…text elements within your project.…Here I have the finalized version of what…we're gonna be creating.…As you can see my text is formatted and I'm using…a lot of different options here in regards to color,…sizing, font faces and things like that.…
I'm gonna switch over to my start file.…Here I have the same sort of elements but I have no…text formatting as of yet.…So what we're gonna do is we're gonna create…some character styles.…Now when you create character styles,…you're gonna wanna create them based off of…some text that you've formatted in the way that you want.…So I'm just gonna come over here and I have a style guide…layer which I'm gonna turn on.…My style guide layer has a version of my web…vacation trip inserts and the text block…
- Customizing a web workspace
- Using the artboards to create multiple sized files easily
- Laying out responsive web experiences using Illustrator
- Creating and using character and paragraph styles
- Working with symbols
- Recoloring selected artwork
- Creating a site map
- Creating moodboards
- Creating wireframes
- Creating full-blown comps
- Exporting icons for screens
- Extracting CSS styles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Project
2. Design Responsively
3. Development Process
4. Collaborate and Share
5. Export Assets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.