Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Targeting objects in the Layers panel, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
There may come a time when you're working with objects that are on a single…layer where you have a little bit of trouble discerning exactly what goes with…what, and how to find whatever it is you're looking for.…You may also want to be able to move certain objects from one layer to another.…The only way to do that is by utilizing the Layers panel, and in this movie, I'm…going to be walking you through how to target specific objects in the Layers…panel, and then how to move those objects to other layers.…So if you've got the target layers document open, you can see here that I have…got a Background layer, which contains all of the artwork.…I've also got a layer called Photo, a layer called Buttons, and a layer called Logo,…and I'm going to take each one of those individual items from this composition,…and move them to their own respective layers.…
The first thing I'm going to do is expand out the Background layer, and in the…Background layer, you're going to notice that I have a ton of stuff happening,…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.