Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Taming Smart Guides and the Bounding Box, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
It's time to have a frank talk about two features inside of Illustrator that I…find sometimes really annoy people.…And usually it's because they either don't understand why it's there or they…have no idea on how to control it.…So let's talk about something called the bounding box inside of Illustrator and…also let's talk about Smart Guides.…Now the easiest one to talk about is the bounding box.…That's basically where I take your shape, for example an oval here. I'm going…to click and can drag.…Let's make a nice long shape like this.…And when I click on it to select it with the actual Selection tool, I'll…see that there is now these handles that appear around the bounding area of the artwork.…
Now if I position my cursor just to the edge of any of the corners here, I can…actually rotate this and I could also click and drag on these handles to scale.…That is of course possible without having to use the dedicated Rotate tool or the Scale tool.…Now I know that many professional people who use Illustrator prefer to turn the…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland14h 53m Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.