Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Taking a first swing at the text on the Mac, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- In this movie, I'll show you how I created…this specific type treatment using a font called Bangla MN.…Again, this is an Indo-Chinese font…designed to provide a Bengali character set…even though it offers Latin characters as well.…I'm using it as opposed to one of the other MN fonts…because it appears first in your Font Menu…in alphabetical order but, and I want to stress this,…only on the Mac.…It was licensed by this guy, Muthu Nedumaran, hence the MN,…exclusively to Apple, so it doesn't even exist on Windows.…
So you might naturally wonder how it is…that I'm showing it off on the PC.…And the answer is that I converted Bangla MN…to a universally compatible Open Type Font…using a program called TypeTool from FontLab.…But, because digital fonts are considered to be software,…and therefore protected by copyright law,…I can't give this font to you.…So, again, if you use a Mac, you can follow along,…no problem; if If you use Windows,…you may prefer to skip to the next movie,…although, then again, you might find this…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 37m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.