Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Symmetry is your friend, part of Drawing Vector Graphics (2012).
- Whenever you can cut your vector build times in half…without compromising the design's quality,…it's a no-brainer win for your creative process.…Of course, not every project requires the use of symmetry,…but those that do benefit from this simple build method…because it'll only require half the work…to complete the full design.…This is a real world project,…a promotional graphic I created for Astute Graphics…who I've mentioned a couple times.…
They're the ones that make plugins for Illustrator…and they were coming to the states…and doing a few shows…demonstrating their products.…So they asked me to brand that…kind of road tour for them.…So that's what this was all about.…Now I drew this design.…It's a symmetric design…meaning I only drew half of it…and then I scanned it in…and in Photoshop kind of flipped it…just to make sure it was going to look okay.…And so this is my refined sketch…I placed into Illustrator…and now I'm going to build this artwork symmetrically.…
And you can see that I'm on my Build layer…and I have a guide that I've dropped in…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 48m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 2s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.